Why Invest in Property?
For all sorts of reasons, Real Estate is a favourite investment choice for many New Zealanders.
Reasons for investing
Real Estate can be purchased without having cash in the bank
- The tenant pays off your investment
- Capital gains are tax free for most owners
- Investors can finance against their property to buy more Real Estate
- Real Estate increases in value over time
- A Real Estate asset is very tangible
- Real Estate values are realtively steady whereas many other forms of investment can be very volatile
- Real Estate is a form of compulsory savings
- Resale of your Real Estate investment is normally a straight forward process
What to look for in a Investment property
Desirable attributes for easily lettable properties:
- Generally good condition
- Outdoor living - some private area, courtyard, terrace etc.
- Good size bedrooms - at least 2 double bedrooms, preferably 3 bedrooms
- Good, functional kitchen and bathroom
- Neutral décor - e.g. carpets
- Garaging - off street parking is essential, lock-up preferred
- Dishwasher preferable
- Low maintenance, small section
- Fenced Property
From time to time we have seminars on property investment.
Should you wish to attend one, or would simply like to discuss property investment further, please contact us.